The Seance - Joan Lowery Nixon

Lauren has lived with her Aunt since she was 4 years old. Her mother died and her father died in an accident without ever knowing she was born.

Things have been fine with her Aunt all these years, but Lauren's Aunt takes in a 17 year old girl named Sara. Lauren and Sara don't exactly get along.

Sara begs Lauren to come with her to a seance done by a local girl named Roberta. Lauren doesn't believe in that stuff and doesn't want to go, but eventually gives in.

Everything is going well until the lights go out. And when they come back on, Sara is missing.

This book starts off with seemingly having to do with the paranormal, but it's really a murder mystery. I wouldn't say that the characters are deep, but they are likeable enough. The plot is good, it's fast-paced and definitely kept me guessing. I thought I knew who the murderer was. I was sure it was that person, but in the end, I was wrong. It was a complete surprise who the murderer was.

It was a great mystery, one that kept me reading to find out what was really going on. I enjoyed this book a lot. And really liked that it was a surprise who the murderer really was.

If you like mystery, then I'd recommend this book and just to check out other books by Joan Lowery Nixon.