A History of Ghosts: The True Story of Séances, Mediums, Ghosts, and Ghostbusters - Peter H. Aykroyd, Angela Narth, Dan Aykroyd

I would say that the past 15 years or so, all things paranormal have become really popular. There have been so many shows about ghost hunting, aliens, Bigfoot and other strange creatures. And let's not forgot all the movies, books (fiction and non-fiction) that are about the paranormal.

Personally, I love it. I love there is so much paranormal stuff to read or watch.

And of course, some my favorite movies are the twoGhostbusters movies.

This book was originally released in 2009 and I became interested in reading it then. When I found out it was by Dan Aykroyd's family, I became even more interested in reading it.

I received it as a Christmas gift from my boyfriend in 2011. And this year I decided to start my Halloween reading early. This is the first book I chose to read and I'm glad I did.

There are some stories about when the author was growing up, about seances he witnessed as a child. Those parts were so fascinating, and I felt, so few.

The author goes into detail about the Spiritualist Movement of the 1800s/1900s. Lots of information about Mediums and Seances from those times. He even talks a little about other countries, like how the Spiritualist Movement caught on in the UK.

Brazil is another country he writes about some and how Spiritism is different than the Spiritualist Movement, which was quite interesting.

I learned about some people I've never heard of before, like Chico Xavier. There were also information about some of today's Mediums, like James Van Praagh.

There are parts about Lily Dale in this book as well, which I really enjoyed reading. I'd love to visit there one day and was happy the author included his story of going to Lily Dale.

This was a good book, so information packed into a book that is less than 300 pages. My only complaint is that I would have loved to read more about the seances he saw as a child and what experiences he has had with the paranormal. I hope that one day the author will decide to write a book that details more of that.

If you're interested in a history of ghosts, Mediums and the Spiritualist Movement, then I recommend this book.