Hellboy, Vol. 4: The Right Hand of Doom - Mike Mignola

Like volume 3, this is a set of short stories involving Hellboy. Some are about cases he's on, or about his origins, which are so interesting to read. And I must admit that I love the first story very much. It's two pages long, but so funny! I won't say anything other than pancakes are involved.

I like all the stories, but I really enjoy the ones about Hellboy's origins. He's a really complex and interesting character. His origins are not like other superheroes. He's a demon and when you really think about it, he is supposed to be bad. But he's not and it makes you realize that every creature has a choice. He wants to be good, but struggles with his past, which is definitely understandable. Especially when you consider he gets reminders of what he really is.

I like that this volumes and the others before each story begins the authors explains where his inspiration came before. And so far it seems all the stories are inspired by different folktales, which is pretty cool. I like reading folktales and have been inspired by some myself.

This volume was great and I can't wait to get my hands on the next one.