Slam! - Walter Dean Myers
Greg Harris, also known as Slam, is a talented basketball player. Greg 'Slam' has skills on the court that the other players wish they had and he knows this. But his skills in the education department are not so great.He lives in rough part of Bronx, New York.Slam's best friend is Ice, but when Ice gets into drug dealing and into gangs Slam doesn't know what to do. When he's playing basketball he knows all the moves, he is in control, but when his friend is going down the wrong path and he's unsure about his own future, Greg 'Slam' Harris, knows he has some serious decisions to make.I've never been much into basketball, but this book really interested me and although it's been quite a few years since I read this, I remember really loving this book. The story, the characters. The characters were relatable because they seemed so real. I mean, they almost seemed like people you might know in real life. This book is one of my all time favorites. It was one of the books, besides [b:The Outsiders|231804|The Outsiders|S.E. Hinton|http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41%2B2EzYLaTL._SL75_.jpg|1426690], to really get me to enjoy reading.