Ghosthunters and the Incredibly Revolting Ghost - Cornelia Funke
Nine year old Tom is kind of clumsy and his older sister isn't very nice to him and as if things couldn't get worse for Tom he finds something in the cellar of his family's house. What Tom finds is a ghost...Yes, a ghost and he's not sure what to do about it. Tom decides to call his Grandmother, figuring she will know what to do. His Grandmother gives him the number of her friend, Hattie, who is a world famous ghost hunter.Hattie teaches Tom how to get rid of the ghost in the cellar. Tom goes to confront the ghost and finds out the only reason the ghost is in his cellar is because he has been evicted from his normal haunt by another ghost. Tom and Hattie sets off to help the ghost from his cellar to get back his normal haunting place.This was a really fun read. Not scary at all, but funny and exciting. There isn't a deep meaning to the story, or anything. It's just a good fun story and it's probably perfect to read around Halloween. Since it isn't scary that means even though who aren't into scary stories can enjoy it. It is a book that is more for kids, but I really liked it. I like the characters, they are fun and silly at times. I plan to read the rest of this series.