Who Is Killing Doah's Deer? - Jeff Markowitz
Cassie O'Malley writes stories for anything that is strange and unusual. In Doah Township, dead deer begin appearing all over the roads and in large numbers. No one knows why it is happening, but Cassie is doing whatever she can to find out. Cassie believes the Jersey Devil is the cause of the death of so many deer. But while doing her investigating, Cassie finds more than she expected. A dead man turns up with some dead deer and makes things even more confusing. Why are the deer still dying unexpectedly? And why was an almost naked dead man with the dead deer?Cassie finds herself investigating the murder of the dead man all while she is still investigating the dead deer, Jersey Devil and much more.Who Is Killing Doah's Deer? is the first book by author Jeff Markowitz and it is a very good first book! I was hooked from the first page and I thought Cassie was such a wonderful character. Cassie is not perfect, but her flaws make her real and I like that.The story kept me reading, I was so eager to find out what happened next and when I finished the book I wasn't ready for it to be over. This is definitely one of my favorite mystery books now.Who Is Killing Doah's Deer? is an exciting mystery filled with murder, dead deer, the Jersey Devil and other unusual things.