The Christmas Chronicles: The Legend of Santa Claus - Tim Slover
Baby Klaus was orphaned when both of his parents died of the Black Death. But, a craftsmen's guild took him in. Klaus as he grew up, watched and learned from these woodworkers and Klaus himself became a master woodworker.Klaus has a great laugh and is a very talented toy maker. Klaus began making toys for all the children in his village for each Christmas and each year, the list of children who got toys grew. Klaus meets Anna - who has a sleigh and a reindeer named Dasher. Klaus and Anna marry. Anna helps her husband every year at Christmas and Dasher is the one who pulls the sleigh to deliver the presents to all the children. One Christmas eve Klaus feels as if he can't go on, as if he has no more strength left to deliver presents anymore. That is when the magic of Christmas is unleashed. But, not everything is all well and good. Klaus has an enemy and he will stop at nothing to see Klaus fall. I won this book in a goodreads giveaway and it took me only 2, or 3 days to read it all. It was wonderful! And magical. I loved Klaus, Anna, the reindeer. Reading this book is an adventure . . . . A magical adventure and I am happy to have read this. I love the story, how Klaus and Anna met. Their love for one another was sweet and Klaus was so caring and generous. But, what else can you expect from Santa Clause? The Christmas Chronicles is a story of love, hope and an inspiring adventure. The Christmas Chronicles is a book I could read over and over again. I think this will be a great book for families to read around Christmas time.