Spider Woman's Granddaughters: Traditional Tales and Contemporary Writing by Native American Women - Paula Gunn Allen
This book has many stories written by Native American women.I'm half Native American and I love to read books about Native Americans and learn more about the culture. This book I had found while searching on my library's website and I was very excited to borrow and read it. The stories are very well-written and a few of them I really did like. All the stories were pretty good, but I actually found the whole book to be depressing.Reading this made me realize how much people focus on race, gender, etc and focus on what they can't do because of their race, or gender. I know history, I know what has happened to Native Americans and other races. But, if the book taught me anything, it's that race shouldn't be our main focus and we shouldn't focus on what we can't do because of our race. The book is definitely not a favorite and I don't think I'll read it again, but I think I did take something from it and learned from it.