Trials of Death  - Darren Shan
In book number five of the series, Darren must take trials to prove himself as a vampire. They are called the Trials of Initiation. Darren must take the trials to prove himself and save both his and Mr. Crepsley's names.Darren completes the first three trials, but trial number four doesn't work out as good as he thought it would. In fact, it didn't work out good at all. Darren might be sent to the Hall of Death.I couldn't put this book down. I just wanted to know what would happen next. In this book, as well as the fourth book, I learned more about the vampires and their ways. And I learned more about some of the characters.Kurda, I think, is an interesting character. He seems to be very nice and caring. However, I haven't been to sure of him since he was introduced in book four. I think his intentions are meant to be good, but he just might not realize what he is doing is actually very dangerous.And I think with these books, especially the more of them I read, the vampires are different from other series about vampires. They truly do care about one another, but they feel they must follow whatever laws and traditions they have no matter what.Overall, this book was awesome. I'm looking forward to the next one and finding out what will happen.