A Devil and Her Love Song, Vol. 1 - Miyoshi Tomori
Maria Kawai was kicked St. Katria Academy and at her new school there are many rumors as to why she was kicked out. Maria is blunt and because of this when Maria arrives, it doesn't take too long for her to gain a lot of enemies.I won this from a first reads giveaway and when I read this, it was much more different than I expected. From the title and the book description, I expected the main character to be a snob and probably very unlikeable. However, I found it to be the exact opposite of what I expected. Maria is very blunt, she speaks her mind, but I don't think it's because she's a snob. It's because she has been lead to believe that she taints everyone.But Maria seems like she wants to change and although she may act like she doesn't want friends, she really does. Which is why I think that even though she knew the girls in her school were up to no good when they invited her to a party, she decided to go anyway and give them a chance.Maria can come across as a very strong and uncaring girl, but she's not really. She wants friends and people to like her, but things tend to not always work out for her.I really liked Maria and Shin and Yusuke, too. I thought this was a great manga, one of the best I've read in awhile and I'd like to read the rest of the series.