Wrath of the Bloodeye (The Last Apprentice / Wardstone Chronicles, Book 5) - Joseph Delaney, Patrick  Arrasmith
The Fiend is now in the world and the dark is increasing. John Gregory thinks it is time to send Tom to Bill Arkwright for more training, who was once his apprentice.When Tom meets Bill and lives with him for a few days, he's not sure about much more he can take. Bill is not like his master, but Tom realizes that if he wants to survive in a world that has the Fiend, he must continue his training with Bill. He also needs this training to defeat the Bloodeye, who seems to want him dead.Bill Arkwright has been mentioned in the other books by the Spook and he's said before that he eventually wanted to send Tom to live with him for a while for training. I'm not sure what to think of Bill Arkwright. He's certainly not a bad character, but has his flaws and is definitely not like John Gregory. It was finally nice to see the character introduced that has been mentioned for a while though.A lot of twists happened this book, some I definitely weren't expecting. This book makes wonder about witches: are they really all bad? Do they all belong to the dark? John Gregory is a great character and does what he thinks is best, but is he right about everything? Hopefully these questions will be answered in the other books.Great just like the previous books. I couldn't put it down.