Dial-a-Ghost - Eva Ibbotson, Kevin Hawkes
Oliver Smith is an orphan who lives at a home in London. Oliver is happy at the Home. He has lots of friends and the staff is nice and caring. However, he is not too happy to learn that he is now the owner of Helton Hall. Oliver would much rather live at the Home than at Helton Hall. Oliver's cousins Frieda and Fulton Snodde-Brittle are asked to take care of him while Oliver's guardian is away. Oliver is not happy with his new home. He's left alone most of the time, but he figures his cousins are doing their best. Frieda and Fulton are not happy. Helton Hall was supposed to be theirs, but now some kid they don't even know is owner of the house. Their plan is to somehow get rid of Oliver so they become the owners of Helton Hall. While picking up Oliver from the Home, Fulton saw Dial-a-Ghost agency and he knew exactly how they would get rid of Oliver. He would get horrible, mean, hateful and the most terrible ghosts there was to scare Oliver to death.Dial-a-Ghost was absolutely wonderful. The story was fun and a bit silly at times, lots of great humor. I love Oliver and the Wilkinson family. I love that the story had a lot to do with ghosts and the paranormal. This is my first book I've read by Eva Ibbotson, but I was hooked. She is a clever writer and this is a wonderful story she created. The characters were great, especially the ghosts.