The Secret of Sarah Revere - Ann Rinaldi

What matters? What's true? Or what people think?

Sarah's father, Paul Revere, would say what matters is what's true. And sometimes Sarah isn't sure what's true. It seems everyone has secrets and it's a bit of confusing time for her. Sarah is 13 and a lot of things are changing, including her feelings.

Sarah feels her family is falling apart and doesn't know what to do.

I've read other books by Ann Rinaldi and enjoyed them greatly. This one took a little bit for me to get into, but it turned out to be a really good read.

I like Sarah and there are many times she seems to be older than thirteen. And there are times she is struggling with all the changes that is coming into her life. She lived in a period of change in America, but she was changing, too; she was growing up.

I liked Sarah's family for the most part. The Grandmother and her sister Debby weren't very likable characters, but I know they weren't supposed to be. Honestly, they weren't very nice.

It had a sad ending, but was a good read. And there were some lessons in there. I think one of the most important lessons from this book is that don't wait until it is too late. If you've fought, or just have something you really want to tell someone, tell them and don't wait.